The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the small business investment company Gladstone Investments (GAIN). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/11 the stock gained 12.81%.
Gladstone Investment Corporation is an investment company that seeks to make equity-type investments in small and mid-sized private businesses in the U.S.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 47.70+ Weighted Alpha
- 46.31% gain in the last month
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 11.15% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.98%
- Technical support level at 13.91
- Recently traded at 13.97 with a 50 day moving average of 12.82
- Market Cap $460 million
- P/E 14.68
- Dividend yield 5.81%
- Revenue expected to grow 4.60% this year but be down 4.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 278.32% this year, decrease 5.70% next year but compound at an annual rate of 7.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 126 to 5 that the stock will beat the market
- 12,721 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha