The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the aerospace defense company Teledyne Technologies (TDY). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month , then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/23 the stock gained 5.87%.
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets. Teledyne have evolved from a company that was primarily focused on aerospace and defense to one that serves multiple markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, oceanographic research, air and water quality environmental monitoring, electronics design and development, factory automation and medical imaging. Teledyne products include monitoring and control instrumentation for marine and environmental applications, harsh environment interconnects, electronic test and measurement equipment, digital imaging sensors and cameras, aircraft information management systems, and defense electronics and satellite communication subsystems. Teledyne strategy continues to emphasize growth in core markets of instrumentation, digital imaging, aerospace and defense electronics and engineered systems.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 65.60+ Weighted Alpha
- 59.37% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 8.24% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.88%
- Technical support level at 344.43
- Recently traded at 346.27 with a 50 day moving average of 326.14
- Market Cap $12.61 billion
- P/E 34.48
- Revenue expected to grow 8.80% this year and another 6.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 15.50% this year, an additional 7.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 29.10% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 1 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 375 to 8 that the stock will beat the market
- 2,885 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha