The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the snow removal equipment company Douglas Dynamics (PLOW). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 10/21 the stock gained 17.74%.
Douglas Dynamics, Inc. designs, manufactures and sells snow and ice control equipment for light trucks, which is comprised of snowplows and sand and salt spreaders, and related parts and accessories. The Company sells its products under the WESTERN(R), FISHER(R) and BLIZZARD(R) brands through a distributor network, primarily consisting of truck equipment distributors located throughout the Midwest, East and Northeast regions of the United States as well as all provinces of Canada. It sells its products primarily to professional snowplowers who are contracted to remove snow and ice from commercial, municipal and residential areas. Douglas Dynamics, Inc. is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 54.80+ Weighted Alpha
- 39.41% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 20.59% in the last month
- Relative Strength index 82.49%
- Technical support level at 52.35
- Recently traded at 53.30 with a 50 day moving average of 45.28
- Market Cap $1.20 billion
- P/E 23.78
- Dividend yield 2.06%
- Revenue expected to grow 7.80% this year and another 3.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 15.20% this year, an additional 7.20% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 1 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 58 to 3 that the stock will beat the market
- 2,111 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha