The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the furniture company Leggette & Platt (LEG). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/15 the stock gained 31.32%.
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated designs and produces various engineered components and products worldwide. The company operates through four segments: Residential Furnishings, Commercial Products, Industrial Materials, and Specialized Products. The Residential Furnishings segment offers innersprings, wire forms, and machines to shape wire into various types of springs; steel mechanisms and hardware, etc. The Commercial Products segment provides molded plywood components; bases, columns, back rests, casters, frames, and control devices for office chairs; private-label finished furniture; beds and bed frames; and adjustable beds. It serves office furniture manufacturers; and mattress and furniture retailers. The Industrial Materials segment offers drawn wires, fabricated wire products, and steel rods. The Specialized Products segment provides mechanical and pneumatic lumbar support and massage systems, seat suspension systems, motors and actuators, and control cables; etc.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 880% technical buy signals
- 61.50+ Weighted Alpha
- 45.25% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 20 new highs and up 43.51% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 87.34%
- Technical support level at 54.80
- Recently traded at 55.18 with a 50 day moving average of 43.24
- Market Cap $7.26 billion
- P/E 21.93
- Dividend yield 2.90%
- Revenue expected to grow 11.70% this year and another 3.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 3.20% this year, an additional 7.00% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 5.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 4 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock
- 13,626 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha