The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the electrical products company Atkore International (ATKR). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top 100 Stocks list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 10/11 the stock gained 20.03%.
Atkore International Group Inc. manufactures and distributes electrical raceway products. It offers steel tubes and pipes, electrical conduit, armored wire and cable, cable trays, metal framing systems and building components. Atkore International Group Inc. is based in Harvey, Illinois.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 103.30+ Weighted Alpha
- 80.34% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 23.59% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.75%
- Technical support level at 37.20
- Recently traded at 37.51 with a 50 day moving average of 31.62
- Market Cap $1.75 billion
- P/E 14.55
- Revenue expected to grow 4.40% this year and another 2.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 29.10% this year, an additional 5.00% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 13.42% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 3 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock
- 520 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha