The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the financial services company Western Union (WU). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tool to find stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals then sorted them by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month. I then used the Flipchart feature to reviews the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 9/27 the stock gained 15.60%.
The Western Union Company provides money movement and payment services. The company operates in three segments: Consumer-to-Consumer, Consumer-to-Business, and Business Solutions. It offers cash money transfer services, walk-in and telephone money transfer, online money transfer, account based money transfer, direct to bank, and mobile money transfer services, payment and foreign exchange solutions, principally cross-border and cross-currency transactions. The Western Union Company is headquartered in Englewood, Colorado.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 53.54+ Weighted Alpha
- 48.77% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 14.31% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 84.89%
- Technical support level at 25.39
- Recently traded at 26.15 with a 50 day moving average of 23.42
- Market Cap $ 11.23 billion
- P/E 13.77
- Dividend yield 3.19
- Revenue to be down 4.90% this year and down again next year by .50%
- Earnings to decrease 8.30% this year but increase again by 11.40% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 2.47% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 buy, 10 hold and 8 sell recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool are more optimistic and voted 1,385 to 69 that the stock will beat the market
- 12,714 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha