The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the biopharmaceutical company BioDelivery Science International (BDSI). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tolls to find the stocks with both the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals, then sorted the list by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/15 the stock gained 20.12%.
BioDelivery Sciences International is a development-stage biotechnology company that is developing and seeking to commercialize a drug delivery technology designed for a potentially broad base of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and over-the-counter drugs. In general, a drug delivery technology refers to any process, substance, or combination thereof, that delivers drugs into the body.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- 62.30+ Weighted Alpha
- 57.94% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 38.84% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.74%
- Technical support level at 5.87
- Recently traded at 5.97 with a 50 day moving average of 4.72
- Market Cap $540 million
- Revenue expected to grow 94.00% this year and another 39.10% in the next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 71.20% this year, an additional 233.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 25.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 202 to 11 that the stock will beat the market
- 10,742 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha