The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the biopharmaceutical company Arrowhead Pharmaceutical (ARWR). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the more frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/11 the stock gained 21.81%.
Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company which develops novel drugs to treat intractable diseases primarily in the United States. The company's proprietary Dynamic Polyconjugate platform develops drugs based on the RNA interference mechanism which silences disease-causing genes. Its products include ARC-520, ARC-521, ARC-AAT, ARC-F12, ARC-HIF2 and ARC-LPA which are in different clinical trial phase. Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc., formerly known as Arrowhead Research Corporation, is headquartered in Pasadena, California.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 228.14+ Weighted Alpha
- 205.94% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 37.29% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.63%
- Technical support level at 38.40
- Recently traded at 39.65 with a 50 day moving average of 31.66
- Market Cap $3.46 billion
- P/E 78.15
- Revenue expected to grow 918.80% this year but be down 50.20% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase 215.40% this year, decrease 141.30% next year but compound at an annual rate of 7.33% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation for he stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 216 to 19 that the stock will beat the market
- 16,420 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha