The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the utility construction company MasTec (MTZ). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/11 the stock gained 3.29%.
MasTec. is one of the largest providers of construction services to the telecommunications industry in the United States. The Company's principal business consists of the installation and maintenance of aerial, underground and buried copper and fiber optic cable, underground conduit, manhole systems and related construction for local telephone companies, including Regional Bell Operating Companies such as BellSouth Telecommunications, Inc., U.S. West, Inc. and SBC Communications, Inc., and non-Bell local telephone companies such as Sprint Corp., and GTE Corp.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 71.86+ Weighted Alpha
- 57.69% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 7.44% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.40%
- Technical support level at 67.14
- Recently traded at 67.98 with a 50 day moving average of 63.55
- Market Cap $5.18 billion
- P/E 15.18
- Revenue expected to grow 11.50% this year and another 5.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 34.00% this year, an additional 5.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 10.96% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy and 5 buy recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 263 to 17 that the stock will beat the market
- 5,712 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha