The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the internet payment company Square (SQ). I found the stock by using Value Line to screen for stocks analyst predict will have the highest revenue growth then used Barchart to sort that list for the highest Weighted Alpha. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. This is a repeat chart and was featured 10/27/17 when it was trading at 25.30. If you bought then you'd be looking at a 259.80% gain. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/2 the stock gained 25.25%.
Square, Inc. offers financial services and marketing services. The Company provides payments and point-of-sale which include hardware and software to accept payments, streamline operations and analyze business information. Its payments and POS services include In-Person Payments, Online Payments, Square Cash, Square Register, Square Analytics, Square Appointments and Square App Marketplace. The Company's financial services include Square Capital and Square Payroll. Square, Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signal
- 230.89+ Weighted Alpha
- 217.73% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 21.38% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.24%
- Technical support level at 88.97
- Recently traded at 91.03 with a 50 day moving average of 75.31
- Market Capital $37.03 billion
- Revenue predicted to grow 56.90% this year and another 39.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 66.70% this year, increase an additional 75.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 54.80% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy, 13 buy and 14 hold recommendations on the stock
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a long position in SQ over the next 72 hours.